We were super excited for this dr. visit! Ready to see the baby again, a little bigger and possibly in 3D! I drank a bunch of water before hand, as instructed, but baby was being chill and stubborn. Mostly with back to ultrasound wand where we got a clear view of the spine, kidneys, little beating heart, stomach, and bladder.
We also saw the arm and leg bones. Everything looked great but the Tech was having a hard time finishing her measurements because she needed a side view for some and a frontal view for the 3D (or 4D, as she called it, because it was a live monitor feed).
She had me lie on my side for a bit, go to the bathroom, lie on the other side and drink a juice box but baby still wasn't turning. So she had me go to the bathroom again and "really shake things up" a bit. So, in the privacy of the clinic's bathroom, I shook my tummy, did jumping jacks, some twist and shout moves, jumping in place and finally a little downward dog yoga posing. I must have been making a bunch of noise with my shoes on the tile floor while doing jumping jacks because there was a nurse outside the bathroom door waiting for someone else who gave me a small smile and asked how I was doing. I must have been flushed in the face by then. : -) But it worked! The baby had moved and the rest went smoothly.
The 4D video was awesome! We could see them open and close their mouth. The Tech said the image was not super lear, especially around the eyes because there wasn't a lot of fluid in front of the baby but I thought it was perfect. Youcan see the baby's elbows under their chin since they had their hands behind their neck. We could see the umbilical cord clutched near their belly too. Really neat!





No comments:
Post a Comment